Page 1 of 2
Ask A Pro \  stock floor frame

stock floor frame

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 1420
replies 10
following 9

lowkid37   +1y
i want to build a frame for my 89 toy but i dont know what to do. what type of material should i use? how much bracing is needed? does anyone have pics of what they have done? thank you for any help.
kaoss   +1y
i don't want to be the guy that says "use the search" because we all know that it doesn't work, but go to mini truckin general, and start looking, there are a couple of threads there. Don't forget that you can adjust the amount of history that shows also. You could also hit CTRL+F and find SFBD or stock or floor to help.
e10pvmt   +1y
type sfbd or custom frame in the search...works for me
Forever Draggin   +1y
i used 3x4 steel tubing 1/4" wall, and i have a crossmember on each side of my notch, a crossmember at the back of the cab, and a trans x member. i used the stock front clip that has the motor xmember
Wicked Fantacies   +1y
3x4 1/4" will work for ur app Jesse but I would say thats deff. overkill for a toy id say 3x2 3/16 would be plenty but everyone has there own prefference on what they'd use.
wintermc   +1y
For a toyota 2x3 steel with 1/4" wall will be fine.
e10pvmt   +1y
2x3 3/16 is sufficient enough.....1/4 is a lil overkill and the weight will kill and fuel economy and it will way a ton
TwistedMinis   +1y
If doing a single rail under the cab I use 2x3 .188 wall. If doing more than one rail (per side), 2x3 .120 wall.
sleepyspeed   +1y
sorry about digging up a old thread, but thought it was better than starting a new one.  I am also getting ready to build a toyota and would like to stock floor it and build the frame from scratch firewall back.  I have been thinking about 2x3 .188 wall, but not sure if it is really enough for a extended cab truck, that will see a lot of miles once it's done.  Any advice you guys have would be great.  thanks