Ford Trucks \  1990 F150 FRONT AIR BAGS

1990 F150 FRONT AIR BAGS

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 3106
replies 13
following 5

P510   +1y
Hi Guys,

I'm from Australia and I'm bagging my 1990 F150.I'm after some links or pics of front air bag brackets on an I bean Front end to help with my fabrication.Everyone seems to post rear setups not front.

Cheers,
bodydropped85   +1y
first off your going to need DJM drop i beams, and ranger brackets will work.i recomend the www.gravity-werx.com ones.
monaro_azz   +1y
I'm in the middle of re-doing my 85 SWB F150 at the moment I'm about to "Z" it & combination stock floor + traditional Body drop it. I'm running belltech Drop I beam and I'm making lower bag brackets that come off of the radius arm mount kind of like the cast Iorn spring perches do. Are you keeping your upper spring plates & triming+plating over them or building complete upper buckets? if you make new uppers you can run a bigger bag(RE- also how low are you looking to go? straight bagged? or lay frame? or lay body? If your looking to go any lower than just straight bagged you'll need to "Z" your front end as the lowest you can get your frame is 1" from the ground(check my profile that's the lowest you can get it pre Z-ing).

Where in Aus are you? I may be able to show you what I mean with the brackets. I'm near manly in Sydney.

Aaron,
P510   +1y
Cheers guys,

I'm heading over to SEMA in November so i'll be looking for items such as Ibeams.

I have just added my F150 to my profile with pics of what I have started to fabricate.
I have mounted the brackets off the radius arm /Ibeam bolt but I wasn't sure if that was what everyone done.
My plan is to loose the original spring seat ( I have RE7 )and design something so I can bolt the original gear back in if required.
I live in the Sutherland area in Sydney, it would be great to see your Truck.

Cheers,

Gareth
oneday   +1y
hey, im also from aus. melb.. i own a 83 f100 swb. with a 96 front. shaved doors, mirrors and roof gutter.. i am planning on using a galaxie chassis and a el falcon front end. bit more work but i dont like i beams and steering boxes..
another one i want to look into is a chev pickup chsssis apparently rails are the same width..
P510   +1y
Good stuff!
Where are the pics?
monaro_azz   +1y
Edited: 9/21/2011 8:00:14 AM by monaro_azz

Edited: 9/21/2011 7:45:52 AM by monaro_azz

Edited: 9/21/2011 7:17:03 AM by monaro_azz

I just finished the "Z" on the front of my truck took me about eight hours all up I'm now in the process of Z'ing my rear half as I couldn't bring myself to cut up the tin work I'd already done out the back. I tried to get it to look as factory as possible by blending the top and bottom of the chassis rails into the "Z" the only place it doesn't look factory is for the front frame horns/radiator support mounts as I needed clerance for the steering.

Gareth I'll PM you my mobile number so you can come check it out if you want.

I've got more pics just have to upload them to the computer, sorry bout the blurriness but my phone lens was a bit foggy as I'd been swetting my a*$# off cutting and shutting my frame.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
monaro_azz   +1y
Edited: 9/21/2011 7:51:24 AM by monaro_azz

Edited: 9/21/2011 7:18:49 AM by monaro_azz

For some reason the pics didn't work I'll try them again.
post photo
post photo
post photo
monaro_azz   +1y
Edited: 9/21/2011 8:02:16 AM by monaro_azz

post photo
monaro_azz   +1y
Edited: 9/21/2011 8:04:07 AM by monaro_azz

post photo