Page 1 of 2
Interior \  tweed on floor

tweed on floor

Interior Q & A
views 544
replies 10
following 9

Abercrombie   +1y
Whats the tricks to putting tweed on the floor in place of carpet? I've had trucks with this done, but never done it myself. Do you put down some sort of foam material to form the floor, but "smooth" it up? What all have people done to do this?
east*coast*nomad   +1y
Edited: 9/9/2008 4:43:33 PM by slammedfool

well speakin from experience i wouldnt do it. i had it on mine and hated it but the guy who did it actually shaved all the pile off my stock carpet an laid down a thin foam and glued the tweed to it. turned out great but im sure theres a easier way.

heres a pic only one i could find
post photo
lucky_brew   +1y
i loved my tweed floor.

i wrapped my trans hump in tweed with light backing first so that the false floor panels would butt up nice and snug to the trans hump.

then i built wood panels for the floor (false floor) and covered them individually (much like a door panel)

i also made panels from the bottom of my dash down to the wood panels on the floor much like how a street-rod would be done (ie: cut outs for the pedals, etc)

its really more cutting, fabbing and piecing of the panels rather than dealing with the actual fabric.

in short its more wood-work than upholstery work in most cases.

i cant weld or do metal work but i can definintely throw down with some wood and/or fabric

so feel free to hit me up via email with any other questions...

frontin on 20s   +1y
Id never do a tweed floor but thats just me to me tweed is played out but thats just what i think im just stating what i would do im personally doing an all sheet metal floor painted to match but its ur truck so u can do what u want hope it turns out like u want it.
Abercrombie   +1y
I've had tweed on the floor before and also loved it, and it looks so clean. Thanks to both of you guys for the comments and help. Anybody else?
Thanks
Abercrombie   +1y
Some people talk about tweed being played out, but what isn't. Tweed is, painted interiors are, suede is, ostrich skin is, etc.... It's all been done many times and will all continue to be. To me I think tweed is one of the cleanest interiors I've seen. Just FYI....I just had the entire interior smoothed and painted and hated it. Then I went out and bought 25 yards of suede, and changed my mind on that. I'm going back to tweed.
Thanks
str8azztaco   +1y
I just opted to not do tweed on my floor, but I am picking up my interior tomm. All freshly wrapped in tweed. Tweed is timeless.
Deluxe_D100   +1y
Edited: 9/9/2008 9:46:44 PM by Laid_Dakota

^ I second that ^
boooghar   +1y
tweed is like drinking alcohol, it should be done in moderation and not to over do it
CluCool   +1y
Edited: 9/12/2008 6:20:15 PM by CluCool

Wouldn't an all sheet metal painted floor be really hard to keep scratch free? I mean even if it was a trailer queen, what do you do take your shoes and socks off sit on the seat, then put on surgical booties and drive it on and off the trailer? Not to knock you it would look cool, but be hard as hell to keep timeless.

No as for tweed floor, does it hold up well to daily abuse or is it delicate like a painted floor?

I don't know much, but I just am saying it like my head sees it.

BTW

Is there a good internet site to order tweed from? and would you say black tweed is a bad idea for floor covering in a daily?