Page 1 of 1
Interior \  Wiring up an ignition panel

Wiring up an ignition panel

Interior Q & A
views 288
replies 7
following 7

rockstar-c10   +1y
Well my goal is to eliminate everything from the column and smooth it out. I have even found an electronic shifter so i can eliminate the shifter from the column. Now my question is, i got the parking lights on one 25amp switch and the headlights on another 25 amp switch. So since all i did was remove the wires from the main switch and put them on two seperate switches do i need to do a relay?Also anyone wired up a switch to turn on your ignition instead of turning the key?
bodydropped   +1y
painless does a kit similiar to this because most race cars have rockers or toggles to turn on ignition because most of the time they dont have a stock steering column
rockstar-c10   +1y
Anyone else have a suggestion?
overkillFFF   +1y

You only need to run a relay for your headlights.
bodydropped85   +1y

i would run a relay on everything IMO.
HecticElectric   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by 1LOWBUICKWell my goal is to eliminate everything from the column and smooth it out. I have even found an electronic shifter so i can eliminate the shifter from the column. Now my question is, i got the parking lights on one 25amp switch and the headlights on another 25 amp switch. So since all i did was remove the wires from the main switch and put them on two seperate switches do i need to do a relay?Also anyone wired up a switch to turn on your ignition instead of turning the key?"Drop it like its hot" ---------------------------------------------give me a call 423-532-0799 i can help u with how u need to wire it i do stuff like this all the time the best way and cleanest is to run a 8ga wire from the battery to the interior and put a 9 slot fuse block or a 12 slot if u wanna run more stuff than 9 fused circuits if u use the 12 i would use something like a 6-4ga wire get a 40a/30a relay i use optronics from the auto parts store there next to the fog lights advanced and oreileys both has themrun a 30 amp fuse in a slot and that will go to your relay use a 10-12ga wire run a 5 amp fuse then connect it to your switch then run that to the trigger on your relay a 16ga wire is fine for thisi use a size up from most people since i do alot of rockcrawler wiring and breaking down on the trail is never good  simple enough if u have questions u can call me anytime im always awake
modemagic1   +1y
Unless you have removed the factory wiring, the headlights will have a relay already in the fuse panel under the hood.  The ignition IMO you should relay as well.  As a rule, I try to relay everything, its a few minutes worth of work, but a lot less in the end if you have to replace burned up switches, wiring harnesses, truck cabs, etc.
pmiller   +1y
Definetly run a relay for the lights.  As far as the ignition goes.  You'll need to find a continous duty solenoid.  Wire the switch to cut the solenoid on.  Wire the solenoid to cut car on.  You can probably run both acc and ignition on the one solenoid.  If you want to split the circuit in two like the key is then wire in two solenoids.  You need to make sure that you get a continous duty solenoid.  I did have my civic wired this way.  This is when I found out about the continous duty solenoids.  You can probably just use a regular solenoid  and a push button switch for the start circuit. 
Page 1 of 1