Page 2 of 2
Tools \  brake line tools

brake line tools

Tools Q & A
views 1993
replies 17
following 14

bjscustombillet   +1y
I bought my brake line in a roll also. To get it nice and straight is easy. Just staighten it out the best you can. Then cut the length you need. Once its cut before you flare it you can straighten it out by rolling it between to flat surfaces.An example would be a smooth concrete garage floor and a two by four. put the line on the floor and the 2x4 on top of it and roll it back and forth. Its kinda hard to explaine but it works really well.
Spin_155   +1y
ive seen the shit spun out as strait as you can get it then roll it against the floor with your hands to try and take out the bend
jeremiah   +1y
Originally posted by Cruz Lo

Master Cool makes (for me) the best flaring kit out there. Hydraulic flaring. GM push to connect, and double 45 flare for brakes, Snap on sells it.Eastwood sell it.And toolwarehouse.net This is the one I have http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/MAS-71475.html

Still expensive, but Much less than snapon for the same thing.

You can straighten the line if you are carefull. All the line on my truck was bought in rolls, even the 3/8 stainless for the air system. It came our fairly straight IMO.

I held the end of the roll in one of the clamping dies (came with the flaring kit) in my bench vise. Then you can unroll the tubing pulling straight and hard.

Good luck.

you flared your air lines? how that working for you? i've thought about dong this myself, with copper
post photo
slammedstroller   +1y
thanks for the help guys!!
utibaggedtruck88   +1y
there is a tool that goes in a vice that will straighten out a roll of brake line.

go to www.brakequip.com...its called the tube straightener
stumbledin   +1y
roll it out along the floor and step on it as you go.

secondly, you can buyb straight pieces with ends on it at any auto parts store. Minitruck metric lines are so close to 3/16" that it works for both. most auto parts stores also sell ends by themselves, even metric ends.

also a little tap majic on the end helps with the double flare
k24 rd6   +1y
Originally posted by Cruz Lo

Master Cool makes (for me) the best flaring kit out there. Hydraulic flaring. GM push to connect, and double 45 flare for brakes, Snap on sells it.Eastwood sell it.And toolwarehouse.net This is the one I have http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/MAS-71475.html

Still expensive, but Much less than snapon for the same thing.

You can straighten the line if you are carefull. All the line on my truck was bought in rolls, even the 3/8 stainless for the air system. It came our fairly straight IMO.

I held the end of the roll in one of the clamping dies (came with the flaring kit) in my bench vise. Then you can unroll the tubing pulling straight and hard.

Good luck.

I am looking at this kit. Is the metric bubble in the kit a DIN bubble with back of the bubble straight?
post photo
lobdyblazr   +1y
while we are the subject of hard line. Does anyone have any idea how I can get the large reverse flare (the male end is on the line) that is found on tacoma gas tanks.