Page 1 of 3
Off-topic \  tips to pass CDL test?

tips to pass CDL test?

Off-topic General Discussions
views 1263
replies 20
following 14

fatboysS1O   +1y
anybody got any? besides the obvious, studying the manual. id like to be able to drive a truck with HAZMAT for starters. no combination vehicles or anything. any tips as in what to look out for on the test or what i should concentrate on studying the most. just dont wanna rack my brain studying this whole book then only need a 1/3 of it. any tips/help would be great!
bdroppeddak   +1y
get high!
fatboysS1O   +1y
thanks for the tip Cris! i can always count on you to lend a helpful hand.
bdroppeddak   +1y
i cant take the credit, i saw it on a movie... hey dont forget to get on aim so i can give you that link to the guy wrecking the motorcycle...
CHOSN1   +1y
i have been seriously thinking of cdl. A guy i use to work with told me the VERY first thing you do is put your seat belt on or they can fail you before you even start the truck.
974door   +1y
Study the book. I don't know how it is where you are from, but here in tx, it is a mofo if you don't read the book.
LowBlazin   +1y
dont know how hard it is where youre at. but i got a class b with only 10 minutes of drive training. not sure on the hazmat part. but the driving was easy.
fatboysS1O   +1y
i planned on studying the book. just didnt want to study it from front to back. yall know how it goes, half the shit you read in your driving manual to get your regular drivers license, you didnt need. im just trying to filter out the "dont need" sections.

Nick i havent made it that far yet. i just want to get my "learners license" i guess you could say. id say thats always a plus going in looking for a job driving related. but i do hope its as easy as you say.
TRIKKY   +1y
Study the hell out of the book to get your permit. Then learn the truck. Know your pre-trip inspection. You will have to go through the inside and outside of the truck from the littlest things, like knowing (you will have to point to and identify damn near the whole truck and trailer)where engine parts are, to checking the the trailer. You will have to do an air brake test, etc. etc. You will have to be able to do a lot test. This will be straight backing, 90 degree turn, and a dock backing. If you pass all this, then you will go onto the road test. You will need to be able to double clutch smoothly, and well, be able to drive the damn truck. He could ask you random shit while your driving like what a previous speed limit sign says, to the heighth of a bridge etc etc...I hope this helps. If you have any other qestions, email me. Kimbab_77@hotmail.com
TRIKKY   +1y
Then to get your hazmat you will have to pass a written test. As well as an FBI background check which the DMV sends out for. This will cost you 100 bucks and will take a couple of weeks to get back. If you have a felony, don't even try it, you will be denied.

Again, email me if I can help ot with any other questions