threads
Page 1 of 4
American Cars \  90's Caprice/Impala trailer fenders???

90's Caprice/Impala trailer fenders???

American Cars General Discussions
views 2531
replies 34
following 14

IcebergSlab   +1y
Got a '96 Impala in pieces right now... my question is, I'm thinking about doing some trailer fenders while I have the motor out and everything's easy to get to. Anybody have some pics of their engine bays or advice?

If I can do this pretty cleanly, I'd like to cut it up now and paint everything before I drop the motor back in. If not I'll prolly just take the inner fenders outta my '94 Caprice and do it but I'd rather do the Impy.

Any pics or info would be great... trailer fenders or just cut. Need to figure this out pretty soon as I'm almost ready with motor. TIA.

Here's a pic of Caprice btw... just cuz I get bored with posts with no pics.

Impala's in my sig...
IcebergSlab   +1y
anybody?? Look how sad she looks...
post photo
post photo
fatboysS1O   +1y
never done it but all i can say is start relocating shit till the fenders fit. sounds like a smartass comment but thats all i can offer. love those impalas though. wish i could afford one. or the gas really.
crewcabondubs   +1y
Edited: 3/14/2008 6:57:11 PM by crewcabondubs

here is what it would look like bagged!

Wicked Fantacies   +1y
^What Russell said. What size rims r u going with and r u plannning on a body drop or just a bag job?
IcebergSlab   +1y
Thanks for the response guys... =) Thought I wasn't gonna get any love over here for a minute.

Russell: not smart-a$$ at all... just never done anything like this before and figured somebody might have some tips or things to look out for. I always seem to find out something I shoulda known after the fact so trying to avoid that. Oh, and gas isn't an issue when the car spends it's life on jacks stands / a lift.

Kelly P: Thanks for the "After" shot man... that's motivational. Almost makes me wanna take the Caprice rims and throw 'em on the Impala!

Nasty Nate: Maaan... that's a GOOD question. I'm all over the place right now. The deal is, I have a set of 22x9.5s that have been sitting in my spare bedroom since Nov.'06, never mounted. I got 'em for the Caprice and then bought this car and started doing performance stuff... blew motor and got side-tracked with that. Now I don't know what I wanna do. Kinda why I'm asking y'all for advice.

I'm not doing a body-drop... that's way outta my league. Trying to do mosta the work on this myself, plus I'm a kinda big guy and worry bout the interior room. Love the look though, thinking I may do a wagon on down the road... and I have a '69 Amx I wanna put on the ground after this car gets done. Basically I just wanna get as low as possible with basic stuff... notch here and there, move the fenders and get a little lower if I can... but nothing crazy that's gonna keep me outta my car another year.

I'm gonna ride the 22s for now... but may do a staggered 20/22 later, or all 20s. Up in the air... but figured whatever I have if the front's tubbed I'll be able to tuck 'em that much harder.
IcebergSlab   +1y
btw... I found some trailer fenders for $90 on suicidedoors.com. Is that a good place to get something like that?

Also found some billet overflow tanks so I can get rid of that coolant reservoir and figured the rest shouldn't be too hard to relocate.

How dirty does your engine bay stay with these? Is it a lot better than going fenderless or am I just wasting my time? I'm painting / ceramic coating / powder coating alotta stuff before I drop my engine back in and just don't wanna mess all that stuff up if I can help it. Thanks again for any help y'all can give me.
dragn4door   +1y
I pulled everything off my fenders and pitched alot of it. Kinda stupid after I think about my A.C. delete but oh well my car is also always on jack stands so it dont matter lol. I was intending on doing the trailer fenders but after I got it all opened up I kind of like that too so I'm not to sure which way to go. If your going to drive it often or especially when its raining then I'd definately do the fenders.

low4lif   +1y
dont get me wrong i love ordering from suicidedoors.com but 90 is alot for trailer fenders.when i got trailer fenders for my sonoma i just went to a trailer shop and got some for $40.
standardbyker88   +1y
i got huge ones at a trailer place for like 58. they are big enough for like 24s. figured id just get the biggest ass ones they have for the rear of my ramcharger.