Page 2 of 2
Tools \  My bead roller

My bead roller

Tools Q & A
views 571
replies 18
following 10

unusualfabrication   +1y
Thanks guys! I'll get some pics up as soon as I get all the beads finished so I can start welding it together.
tcsxtremeison22s   +1y
fuck, i could use a fuel cell as well!
slammed88cutlass   +1y
I have a HF bead roller also and had the same problem. I made a reinforcement bracket out of 2x2 and it works awesome now. I doubt if anyone has ever got one of those to work properly without modifying it. They are so flimsy but the dies and cranks set up seem to be good quality.
unusualfabrication   +1y
Edited: 2/13/2008 1:39:22 AM by UnusualFabrication

Thought I would throw up some updated pics of the fuel cell. I have all the beads rolled into it, 2 on each side, and 2 on the dividers inside the cell. Just have to tig it all up and pressure test it.

post photo
post photo
TwistedMinis   +1y
That looks awesome.I like the way it fits up too, with the radiused edges.

What are you using to make those brakes? And what thickness is the aluminum?
unusualfabrication   +1y
We have a large electric/hydraulic brake at work, if you get it just right you can get a nice radius instead of a sharp edge. Only thing that sucks is that it leaves some fine scratches on the sides. You can see them in the second pic just above my seat. Thats one of the reasons I want to build a brake, so I dont have to polish those scratches out. Its 16 ga. aluminum.
TwistedMinis   +1y
How about a radius bender that uses rollers?

I figure that would be pretty useful. Guy says it doesn't damage anything either. Even polished diamond plate.
unusualfabrication   +1y
Thats pretty neat, i've seen people use a regular bender with a piece of tubing to get the radius but I don't know if it scratched it or not.
TwistedMinis   +1y
I read about people using a standard brake and doing small increments every 1/16" or so depending on what radius you want. Like you would do with a press and thick plate.