Tools \  My bead roller

My bead roller

Tools Q & A
views 570
replies 18
following 10

unusualfabrication   +1y
Edited: 1/28/2008 12:10:33 AM by UnusualFabrication

I picked up a used HF bead roller with 7 dies for $70. I was only used 2-3 times is the story that I am getting. After I got it home and cleaned up I put in my first piece of 18 ga mild steel. I found out that it is very flimsy, the dies walked all over the place. But what do you expect for $70? The next thing that I did was machine a solid 1" thick "backing plate" with the exact same shape as the original 3/8" plate. Bolting it to the original plate gave me a 1 3/8" thick plate making it much more rigid. Next on my list is to ditch the crank handle adapt a steering wheel or motor to it, build a stand for it so i don't have to hog up my vice, and polish and radius the dies. My first project with it is a 20 gallon aluminum fuel cell, for the 1990 S-10 that I have in my shop currently, that I am going to roll some beads in for extra strenght. I'll post some pics up as I get into it a little futher.

Here it is with the new 1" backing plate:

This is the beggining of the fuel cell, all cut to size:
Wicked Fantacies   +1y
I'll be waiting on those pics
lucky_brew   +1y
how much for one of them cells??? i need one.
unusualfabrication   +1y
I am making it custom for his truck to fit the new back half, to use the stock sending unit/pump, and have some kind of pop up or flush mount cap. Parts and labor, $250 even.
onelow96cs   +1y
Originally posted by Wicked Fantacies

I'll be waiting on those pics

I will be waiting too.

unusualfabrication   +1y
No pics for you, hahaha!
lucky_brew   +1y
Edited: 1/28/2008 1:05:03 AM by lucky_brew

Originally posted by UnusualFabrication

No pics for you, hahaha!

damn, then get off the computer and out to the garage already! :ROTFLMAO:
onelow96cs   +1y
Originally posted by UnusualFabrication

No pics for you, hahaha!

lucky_brew   +1y
Edited: 1/28/2008 1:15:42 AM by lucky_brew

^^ yeah, no shit! couldnt he be out in the garage right now building it so we can get a pic? lazy bastard! instead he posted on a forum. thats as worthless as i am!
TwistedMinis   +1y
Nice work.