Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  wheel measurements, and another question

wheel measurements, and another question

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 173
replies 6
following 4

granth   +1y
Hey Max, I realize this can probably be answered by others, but I believe I will get a completely thought out honest answer here.

I am starting to build a frame after the new year off of an s10 clip, but it's going under a ford. I have the gist of things figured out, but when I do the clip, it is going to suck the wheels in a bit.

How should I go about measuring for wheels? Sooner or later I am going to need to order atleast the fronts, Should I just order as if it was an s10, to keep the wheels in a bit or how would I do it if the body and all isnt even on yet?

Also, thats switching the lug pattern to a chevy. Would it be better to get adapters of some sort made up front, or just get new axles made to match the fronts? I realize one is more costly, but which is more ideal?
creative concepts   +1y
it seems when you look at wheels that go on rangers and go on s10's, you get around the same backspacing.

imo, i would throw something in place to measure off of, if you dont think what you order will work.

also remember, the s10 front suspension when you lay out, pulls the wheels back 3/4 of an inch.
granth   +1y
Yah, once everything is done I am closing the gap between the bed and cab.
creative concepts   +1y
you could always keep that factory looking gap if you want, just offset the front clip forward 1/2-3/4 of an inch.
granth   +1y
I would rather keep it closed up as much as possible, I hate the whole gap deal. Not so bad on my truck but still noticeable.
BioMax   +1y
potter is right, starting with something would be better than trying to measure it all out.

drilling the rear axles will better for strength and a tough to explain thing called scrub radius.
granth   +1y
Fair enough, I guess I could get the front clip, and throw the fenders where they would be as a mock up deal, and then measure from there for what I need as wheels. Or just go with what s10 guys are running.
Page 1 of 1