The Pavement Princess

Under Construction General Discussions
views 8477
replies 167
following 100

chumpchange   +1y
Edited: 11/26/2007 9:17:31 PM by ChumpChange

Originally posted by Crazygenius13

I hope this thread keeps going at this pace. Looks nice, how exactly did you find the air capacity of the frame?the way of figuring it is to multiply your materials height by width by length of the material in inches and then divide that by 216. that gives you your volume. EXAMPLE\\\ in my case 2 X 3 X 300inches divided by 216= 8.333333 hope that helps some people. thanks for the comments and cookie not driving by christmas but hopefully rolling by april. this thing is going to get ALOT more detail and fab work then my tacoma.

Uncle Fester   +1y
Lookin great and sounds like you found a keeper.

BggdNBdyDrppdJunk   +1y
bagged trucks for the girls all around!
94dakota   +1y
looks good keep the pic commin
olskoolpup   +1y
Originally posted by ChumpChange

I hope this thread keeps going at this pace. Looks nice, how exactly did you find the air capacity of the frame?the way of figuring it is to multiply your materials height by width by length of the material in inches and then divide that by 216. that gives you your volume. EXAMPLE\\\ in my case 2 X 3 X 300inches divided by 216= 8.333333 hope that helps some people. thanks for the comments and cookie not driving by christmas but hopefully rolling by april. this thing is going to get ALOT more detail and fab work then my tacoma.

you are close. but there are 231 cubic inches per a gallon.

you are also going to want to use inside dimensions of your tubing.

so, for 3/16" wall 2x3, 300 in long, youd have 5.5 gallons

for 1/4" wall 2x3, youd have 4.87 gallons.

just thought you should know
riddinlow99   +1y
frame looks sick so far cant wait to see more progress
chumpchange   +1y
Originally posted by 86IsuzuPup

Originally posted by ChumpChange

good deal like i said it was a round about i know it holds enough air for what im doing so im hapy about that thanks again.

you are close. but there are 231 cubic inches per a gallon.

you are also going to want to use inside dimensions of your tubing.

so, for 3/16" wall 2x3, 300 in long, youd have 5.5 gallons

for 1/4" wall 2x3, youd have 4.87 gallons.

just thought you should know

olskoolpup   +1y
no prob bro. looks sick btw and your building it at break-neck speed to boot!
dragmatic   +1y
Good work so far. I'm glad to see some folks building reservoir frames these days. My Mazda was done the same way and it worked out really well.
spraybomb   +1y
WOW! Two weeks from stock to custom framed. Thats pretty damn fast for being home built. You even got your lady in on the action. Nice work!