Page 1 of 3
Tools \  welding mask

welding mask

Tools Q & A
views 1180
replies 21
following 20

granth   +1y
whats everyone using? i'm trying to decide between the miller pro hobby, miller performance, speedglass utility, and speedglass 9002D
toreadorxlt   +1y
I am using a miller performance. Absolutely love it. I was using a cheap Hawk auto-darkening before the miller, and it was marginal. Not dark enough for me though, and there was no adjustability.
lo75lux   +1y
i have an adjustable auto darkening mask off ebay,got it for $40. works great
framescr8pintoy   +1y
miller elite i belive its called. use it almost every day with no problems
suckafree   +1y
hobart hood auto darkening...nice! runs around 120
unusualfabrication   +1y
I got one from Sears for like $20. No bells or whistles. My auto darkening lens is me flipping it down, lol.
unusualfabrication   +1y
I should have mentioned it works great!
TwistedMinis   +1y
I guess I'm just stubborn or something, but I don't like auto-darkening helmets. I grew up with the older style, paper helmets. They run about $40 for a big lens mask and are rebuildable. I never liked the weight of the auto helmets.
suckafree   +1y
Originally posted by UnusualFabrication

I got one from Sears for like $20. No bells or whistles. My auto darkening lens is me flipping it down, lol. how can you work without bells and whistles?

spraybomb   +1y
auto darkening is great if you got a crap ton of tack welds to make. Otherwise, I just stick to the regular kind. I just hate it when they freak-out and start switching on and off in the middle of an important weld. I did try a couple of higher end miller models though and they seemed to work well.