Page 1 of 2
Ask A Pro \  question about raising strut towers

question about raising strut towers

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 426
replies 11
following 7

87loyota502   +1y
im new to hondas and ive heard of people raising their strut towers on air cyclenders and air struts so my question is will i lose the handling performance by raising them or should i look into spindles or not raising them at all and just do the air struts? thanks for your time max i know your probly busy wit building bad ass rides
gravity5   +1y
Raising the strut towers will affect the geometry of the front suspension, and thereofre affect the handling, but keep in mind that going from a steel spring to an air spring or cylinder depending on what you are using will too... Of course you could just get the ryane spindles that give you the extra drop and be done with it.
87loyota502   +1y
but has anyone ever used those spindles i looked at the website and they look decent but have never heard of them
BioMax   +1y
You will loose most of the handling capabilities of your vehicle when you go to cylinders anyway. The lack of a quality shock and the unpredictable spring rate will not offer up anything by way of quality handling.
fkntukn1   +1y
why not do a custom setup with normal bags, i was never a fan of cylinders,they always leak
gravity5   +1y
I have run both parkers and brislands cylinder and neither leaked... at least not until the seals wore out, but it took quite a while for that to happen.
fatheadjames   +1y
I have the spindles and trailing arms if your interested in them.
wmksol   +1y
Edited: 11/24/2007 4:23:54 PM by wmksol

i'm interested in the spindles and trailing arms if you still have them.
fatheadjames   +1y
Originally posted by wmksol

Edited: 11/24/2007 4:23:54 PM by wmksol

i'm interested in the spindles and trailing arms if you still have them.

shoot me an email man. fatheadjames@hotmail.com
87loyota502   +1y
i was leaning more towards the air struts than the cylinders bc of ride quality... i was told the struts will have a better ride affect and the cylinders have a rougher ride