threads
Page 1 of 2
Ask A Pro \  How Much To Shorten A Rear End To Lay Doors On 24s And Not Rub?!?

How Much To Shorten A Rear End To Lay Doors On 24s And Not Rub?!?

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 1046
replies 18
following 11

SuicidalCustomz   +1y
hey ok so i have a 03 silverado and its bodydroped to the doors now my next step is going to be putting the 24" wheels on it with atleast a +30-+40mm offset and a 275/30/2 tires now my question is an inch on each side will that be enough? or does it need more? i DO NOT want to flare the bedside any at all...any info on this is really appreciated.
kotalaynframe   +1y
get the wheels you want then measure how much you need to cut its that easy
KNDAlow   +1y
4 inches, check out this guys profile, hes on 22s though...

Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?ProfileID=28858
BioMax   +1y
That I don't know...

I am actually in the same pickle right now. I have a 2000 Silverado that is to be bodydropped on 22's and we don't have the wheels yet.
BioMax   +1y
That I don't know...

I am actually in the same pickle right now. I have a 2000 Silverado that is to be bodydropped on 22's and we don't have the wheels yet.
SuicidalCustomz   +1y
Originally posted by KNDAlow

4 inches, check out this guys profile, hes on 22s though...

Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?ProfileID=28858

thanks for the info bro yea i seen your doored truck at freak show looks kool im planning on having mine cruizin maybe by blooddrag 08 or atleast spring fling 08! are u bringin yours to any of those shows?

lowjeep   +1y
not sure on the rear end but I know on my buddys 01 suburban thats b/d on 24's he had to have diablo custom make his wheels to a +44 offset to tuck up front.
renny   +1y
wow!!
SuicidalCustomz   +1y
yes, wow indeed well im planning on going with billet wheels anyways so im guessing what i go to order the wheels i can request whatever offset i need but i was going to go with atleast a +40 offset to start with but maybe i should go ahead and get them +44 or +45 so i will not run into a prob. with them tucking up front as well
SuicidalCustomz   +1y
i also wanted to keep my Kp 6-link have on there but if i need to shorten the rear 4" i dont think im going to be able to keep the 6-link