Page 1 of 2
Ask A Pro \  auxillary system for towing

auxillary system for towing

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 373
replies 13
following 7

bodydropped72   +1y
heres my deal i currently got the infamous "2 link" on my titan with the bags on the link probably about 10 to 12 inches from the pivot. what ive got in my head is to add another set of bars similar to the kp type link setups and put an additional 2 bags on with an air hose quick disconnect in my opinion i believe this will help with capacity allowing me to tow without it really be so "squishy" just wanted to get your opinion or should i make the aux system more towards the axle to support the wait thanks in advance
layin22ʹs   +1y
here ya go bro i assume you are thinking something like this guy has going i hope he dosent mind i seen it a while back,while browseing and dreaming of when i own a dually this is a very cool setup i hope he dosent mind me posting pics of his shit.
post photo
layin22ʹs   +1y
fuck^^^^^
post photo
bodydropped72   +1y
i like the look of the setup i know its not yours but the way he has that setup in my opinion will possibly over extend the bags that are mounted at the axle what im gettin at is say my bags are mounted more forward than this pic above and i mount 2 more bags in the same relation on another 2 bars will it help with "load"
layin22ʹs   +1y
yeah man i didnt see that till you said it,kinda looks that way.nice set up though,as far as your???? im not sure man.hopefully max will chime in here lol.
bodydropped72   +1y
ya i was gonna say the same about the looks not overboard but functional we'll see about the reply im thinkin what im plannin on doin will work just want opinions cuz im basically gonna double the load capacity by putting on 2 more bags granted its on a leverage system
layin22ʹs   +1y
the only reason i see the bags on the axel is stress on the bars ya know?what ever you are towing is on those bars.may be wrong.but if your bags are on the axel your weight is on the axel?i see alot of tow rigs set up with the bags on the axel.i to am getting ready to do a dually.and i am gonna go with over the axel parellel 4link with a panhard.so far for towing in what i have read thats the best set up.i know that dosent help you but like i saythats one problem i see with what you wanna do,all that weight on your bars.
BioMax   +1y
... Sorry, it's been a long day.

A secondary system would be the most effective way to have the best of both worlds.

The posted pics would obviously be limited to the amount of travel in the bags that are mounted to the axle, but would offer a tuneable spring rate which is preferable for a "do-all" system.
bodydropped72   +1y
so what i was thinkin should work cuz its basically double the load capacity almost imitating it being close to or on the axle you get what im sayin?
BioMax   +1y
I think so... If I understand correctly, then yes you are on the right track.