threads
Page 1 of 2
Tools \  Anyone ever use this english wheel before?

Anyone ever use this english wheel before?

Tools Q & A
views 935
replies 18
following 13

unusualfabrication   +1y
Found this on harbor frieghts site:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95359

Anyone every use it? Me and a buddy were looking at it.
TwistedMinis   +1y
I've heard of people beefing them up a little, and them working well. If you search the HotRodders.com forum there are a lot of people on there that have them.

For about the same price, I built one thats a lot bigger, and can roll 16 gauge with ease.
grip   +1y
Originally posted by TwistedMinis

I've heard of people beefing them up a little, and them working well. If you search the HotRodders.com forum there are a lot of people on there that have them.

For about the same price, I built one thats a lot bigger, and can roll 16 gauge with ease.

You can build that for $250?
unusualfabrication   +1y
I thought the price was pretty good and it comes with a set of dies. The additional 6 die sets are about $85.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by grip

Originally posted by TwistedMinis

You can build that for $250?

Like I said, about that. I build mine for about $300.
Uncle Fester   +1y
Looks good. I have their smaller one and I have no clue what I am doing. It is fun to learn on though. Good luck.

unusualfabrication   +1y
You got any pics of that thing Seth?
shakey   +1y
I don't recommend them. if you can actually get close to one, if you roll the wheels you'll see that they aren't machined properly and don't constantly stay in contact.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by UnusualFabrication

You got any pics of that thing Seth?

I had a bunch on my website. But for some reason its down right now. I will throw an anvil on it tomorrow and take a picture.

I got my anvils from Hoosier pattern. That was the majority of the cost.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Okay got a picture.

I used an SKF bearing for the upper wheel. Worked great and was a lot cheaper. PN is SKF 5313-2PS. I got a chunk of 2.5" round and machined an axle for it, and pressed the bearing onto it.