Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  parts question

parts question

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 814
replies 7
following 5

tbmx86   +1y
Hey Max. Ive been pondering my front suspension design for a while, and I think Im going to keep it simple and use yota clip measurements with a rack and pinion. I just had a few questions about the parts to buy.

1. what types of bushings should i use for the control arms?

2. would uniballs be the easy way out for balljoints?

3. what would be the easiest adaptable spindle/hub/bigbrake kit could i use with a ford bolt pattern? (got a v

Im going to basically keep the yota clip measurements but maybe shorten the wheelbase an inch or two to have more steering clearance and I want to run a stone 2600 bag. If you have any suggestions and answers I would be pumped, cause I've been lazy about getting the parts and this would help me get started. Thanks for your time. Tyler
TwistedMinis   +1y
1. what types of bushings should i use for the control arms?

Energy suspension makes nice replacement bushings. Or if you are scratch building arms, try using half a small 4-link bushing with the right ID for the cross shaft you are using. http://www.hm-engineering.com/

2. would uniballs be the easy way out for balljoints?

Contact Taylor at Barely Legal Fabrication. They are making nice Uniball kits, for under $300, that will bolt right into your spindle without modification.

3. what would be the easiest adaptable spindle/hub/bigbrake kit could i use with a ford bolt pattern? [got a v8]

There are big brake kits out for Toyota spindles. Also, Mustang II has a very big following, and will likely have many different brake options with competitive prices since everyone makes them.

Thats the best I can do.
tbmx86   +1y
Thanks Seth. You answered mostly what I wanted. Heres another question for you though, the reason I dont want to do the big brake kit for the yota is mainly because its alotta money. and I can do a mustang 2 big brake set up for way less, so willthesse uniballs work with the mustang 11 spindleor no?
bdroppeddak   +1y
you still need an inner sleeve for those bushings, they cant ride on the crossshaft, it needs a "race" if you will just like 4 link bars....
tbmx86   +1y
i wasnt going to do a cross shaft for the uppers. I was just going to make tabs. is that a good way or should i reconsider?
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by tbmx86

i wasnt going to do a cross shaft for the uppers. I was just going to make tabs. is that a good way or should i reconsider?

That will work fine too. Some newer trucks come that way. But regardless you need an inner sleeve.

About the uniballs, the Mustang II spindle tape is the same as a Toyota. I have the Mustang II balljoints in my upper control arms on my Toyota.
BioMax   +1y
Edited: 11/6/2007 11:01:54 PM by BioMax

Good job Seth, that makes my job easy.
Deuce   +1y
Big brake kits availible at www.phattys.ca
Page 1 of 1