Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  ? on front bag mount

? on front bag mount

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 318
replies 8
following 5

daburban   +1y
Would lowering and angling the lower bag mount back put the bag straighter and not so bowed out?

Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
how "off" are the bags when deflated? they look scooked as all hell aired up, maybe leaning the cups would help the bags inflaited but when they are deflated the angle may be too much and rip the bag. maybe try offset cups to correct the lean.
dragginon22s   +1y
replace your upper bag mount with a longer one. all so maybe like the other guy said off set bag cup on the bottom that should fix your problem.
BioMax   +1y
The trick is to keep the lower bag mount in line with the inner lower arm pivot and as low as possible. Also, when you make the upper mount, angle it down slightly so that the outside of the bag (closest to the balljoint) looks slightly pinched. It's a little tough to explain the point that I am trying to make, but I promise it helps with inflated bag alignment. Keeps everything much happier...

...It falls into my "make everything work well at half travel" theory.
daburban   +1y
This is the best pic I have of the bag compressed.

I am not sure what an offset cup is.

I want to put slams in place of these bags (stiffer ride), but I read somewhere that it is recommended that there is not more than 7 degrees of bending or it tends to bubble out. If I were to get the bag as straight as possible between hald and full lift and keep about 3-1/2" clearance between the upper and lower mounts when deflated, would I get desirable results (no bending when inflated or pinching when deflated)?
BioMax   +1y
In theory yes, but the lower bag mount needs to line up with the inner arm pivot otherwise the bag will push and pull (like you have now) rather than just up and down.
daburban   +1y
Is this what you are talking about with the lower mount lining up with the inner arm pivot.

BioMax   +1y
yes
eks10BDRG-N   +1y
call ekstensive, they sell the lower cup with the correct angle for your bags. also buy the shock kit too cause your going to lose your shocks when you switch to the new lower cup.
Page 1 of 1