Page 2 of 3
Tools \  Locked Craftsman Box

Locked Craftsman Box

Tools Q & A
views 2777
replies 20
following 14

dragdaly96   +1y
i apprenticed as a locksmith for about 6 months. take it to a decent locksmith and they can code cut you a key....provided you have a code on the lock itself. a really good locksmith can usually make one with a pippin file and a pair of vise grips in about 5 minutes. either way, you get your key. i wouldn't count on sears. hope this helps you out.
shideburns   +1y
drill em out and replaces, new locks with keys will be like $10
kaoss   +1y
you guessed it ha ha!!!
pimptruckman92   +1y
if you just bought it and they said they can get you keys if you bought it within 90 days, do that. or like (sideburns) said drill it out and get replacement lock and keys
toddluck   +1y
i think he bought it used
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by pimptruckman92

if you just bought it and they said they can get you keys if you bought it within 90 days, do that. or like (sideburns) said drill it out and get replacement lock and keys

Its used, probably 5 years old or better. Its all scuffed up, but it will do what I need to.

I got it open though. I busted the top piece open, and manually turned the lock. It snapped something internally, so I may get some new ones.
JETSETTER   +1y
Seth, All you needed to do was use a long flat rod, run it to the the back and slide to the right. It disengages (Defeats) the lock. Sears does sale the keys and usually have them in stock. They also sale the lock and keysets since you broke it! They are less than $20.00
TwistedMinis   +1y
Dammit, why couldn't you tell me this yesterday? Lol. Oh well. I will look into new lock and key sets, and maybe get a matching set for both boxes because they are different for some reason.
bigjon   +1y
if you take any craftsman key and put it in and pull it out repeatidly while apply turning pressure you will get it open. Fools the tumbler and you can open just about any tool box that way. something I learn it tech school cause everyone forgot there keys at home!
prorida   +1y
google "bump key video" then you can make one key that will work for your box, and hell should get you into your house, and your neighbors house if you decide to become a degenerate.