Page 1 of 3
Tools \  Locked Craftsman Box

Locked Craftsman Box

Tools Q & A
views 2775
replies 20
following 14

TwistedMinis   +1y
Okay I just bought a used Craftsman toolbox, with no keys. He said it was all unlocked, but I checked it anyway.

Well when I get home, the bottom box (larger) is all unlocked. However the top box, only two drawers are unlocked (the two I pulled out) because they were not closed all the way when it was locked. At least thats what I think, because they stick out about 1/8" farther than the others.

My question, are Craftsman keys universal? Can I just go to Sears and get another one? OR, how can I get it open without breaking anything. Can I bring it to a professional locksmith and have them open it and make a key? I don't know if they can do that or not.
no1lowr   +1y
locksimth can make you some for sure but im not sure on them being universal
mooneyes1   +1y
you should be able to get the numbers off the lock and bring them in to sears and they should be able to get keys for it but i bet they will have to order them
scotto79   +1y
You could probably find replacement locks and just pop that one out.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by notlowyet

You could probably find replacement locks and just pop that one out.

I can't really see a way to pop it out without opening the box. And the top locks with it so I can't really get to it. Maybe I will try a Locksmith tomorrow.
dizzle   +1y
i think there is a number on the lock itself iirc
should be able to get a new key from sears if you take them the number i may be wrong tho
toddluck   +1y
drill it replace it
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by hardluk87

i think there is a number on the lock itself iirc should be able to get a new key from sears if you take them the number i may be wrong tho

Top lock says 4018. Bottom box both locks are 3007. Would a locksmith be able to get me keys based on this number? I called the Sears and they said the can't get keys unless you bought it within 90 days.
kaoss   +1y
take it to an old lock smith, we have one guy here in town that charges $1 for a new key, and he even delivers! After you get that box open you know what it needs don't you???
TwistedMinis   +1y
Fat Mat? Lol.

Theres an oldschool locksmith shop in the next town, I'll probably bring him the box tomorrow, and give him the number off the big box and see if he can get me some keys.