Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  airbag install suspension question

airbag install suspension question

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 215
replies 4
following 3

waggscj   +1y
When you hook up your air ride kit do you remove the leaf springs and other suspension stuff perminately? Let me know what parts to the suspension need to stay. Thanks.
Tacon19s   +1y
Edited: 10/29/2007 7:21:25 AM by Tacon19s

Edited: 10/29/2007 5:48:33 AM by Tacon19s

Not really a question you should bring to maxs attention. He is the person you ask your more difficult suspension fabricating and technical and mathmatical questions.(not trying to be an ass) But to answer your ??s....for the front of your vehicle the bag will replace coil springs/torsion bar setups. for the rear a bag will replace your leaf springs or coils in the rear if you are wanting to get low at all. Its a very broad and general question. Do you have any ?s a little more specific? Tell us what kind of truck you have and I garantee someone on here can tell you everything you need to know.
BioMax   +1y
eddie is right. Many of the guys on the suspension section are probably even more helpfull than I am when it comes to specific vehicle questions. I'm more of a theory/engineering guy.
waggscj   +1y
it's an 83 s10
Tacon19s   +1y
Edited: 10/30/2007 6:58:32 AM by Tacon19s

thats easy enough. up fron the coil spring needs to be removed. be sure to trim out your upper spring pocket to allow the bag to have enough room so its not rubbing. replace the spring with a bag of your choice. of course with some good bolt in bag brackets like from SSDoors. You can keep your sway bar and upper/lower A-arms as long as you arent running a wheel bigger than like an 18, also your shocks will need to be pulled and relocated.and its a good idea to go ahead and cut out your inner fenders and throw in some tubs to take their place. in the rear you can go a couple of diff ways. the best way to do it is to get the good 3-link kit they sell from SSDoors and get rid of the leaf springs(it will be hard to layout with leafs and pointless). I believe you will also need a notch for at least an 18" wheel. maybe some of the S-10 guys can chime in and give you some more specifics...but hope that helps a little and good luck :D
Page 1 of 1