Ask A Pro \  measurements

measurements

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 351
replies 3
following 3

low200   +1y
Hey guys,

Im building a Mini out of my Mitsi L200 (mightymax) and have a few questions..

How do you get the points to place the c/notch and z/notch?Im going to run a tri-4 linkage, where do i weld the linkage points other than on top of the diff?How much work to bodydrop? Is it worth it? Im going to be running 20" rims. Its a single cab. Sorry if my questions come across as basic but its better to know everything than using guesswork. My father is a fitter/welder of 20 years so will be doing the work...
BioMax   +1y
I don't mean to dismiss your questions so quickly, but there have been threads posted about every question that you just asked. Check the "Suspensions" section.

The one thing that I would suggest would be to swap your front suspension over to a '83 to '95 Toyota clip. It will eliminate just about every problem that you will run into with the stock Mitsu suspension.

As far as the bodydrop being worth it... that's your call.
TwistedMinis   +1y
A body drop is a lot of work. Personally I thought the impact was worth it. There is a vague article in the suspension section on bodydropping a truck. That might help you judge if you want to do it. By the time you get there, I should be done writing a detailed article on traditional bodydrops.
low200   +1y
o cool, sorry about that max. I thought that when your bagging the front you pull out the suspension anyway? Ill keep that in mind. I might buy a toyota of that age as a doner anyway as i need the brake/hub for a 5 lug conversion and diff.

and seth, thanks for that, i might look into it.look forward to reading your article. Id love to bodydrop it, it just completes a mini in my opinion..that little more closer to the almighty ground
Page 1 of 1