Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  Strut rod delete

Strut rod delete

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 519
replies 2
following 2

BaggedIndy   +1y
I'm working on a '75 Dodge pickup with a strut rod front suspension. I'm looking to build some lower a-arms but have been told not to put the bushings in line with each other. The reasoning was for anti dive/squat. I thought the angle of the controls arms in a side view is what dictates anti-dive/squat. Sounds to me the other way would creat binding. Can you set me straight on that? Also what would you recommend as distance between the bushings on the lowers to be safe?
BioMax   +1y
I'm not exactly sure which way you are talking about running the pivots in line. From a side view, the a-arms being at different angle will effect your anti dive characteristics. But inner pivots that are not parallel from a top view can also change anti-dive. My suggestion would be to build your lower arm to follow the pivot set by the strut rod. The center of the bushing is the strut rod pivot. As for how wide to run the lower bushings, it depends on your confines and how stiff your bushings are. I would say that a minimum of 4" from inside to inside.
BaggedIndy   +1y
Yeah I was referring to top view. Thanks that answers my questions.
Page 1 of 1