Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  heims or ................

heims or ................

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 365
replies 7
following 4

grumpybastard   +1y
MAX .....on a bags on bars four link set up would you perfer heims on all ends or super pivots? i know on mikes toy, you did super pivots on the bell crank and heims on the upper bars. but i know that heims werent gonna work on the bell crank. im asking cuz i thought i saw in another thread that you said you perfer heims. thanks in advance.
BioMax   +1y
With the bags on the bars, you can't really get away with pivoting joints on both ends of the bar, the bags will want to push the bar around. You would want to just run a pivoting joint on the rearend side of the bars only. As for what type of joint to run... Well that is totally up to you. As I said, I prefer heims, but if was a daily driver for me that wasn't performance oriented, I would run Jonny Joints. It just boils down to what the vehicle is doing.
grumpybastard   +1y
Johnny Joint?
olskoolpup   +1y
johnny joint is the common name for a super pivot in the suspension world. "super pivot" is a term sd.com kinda fabricated and is what mini truckers know, since they were the first to really introduce them into our market.
grumpybastard   +1y
Thanks Bryan!
mindlissmetalfab   +1y
Just remember to use a poly bushing on one end or your bar will twist and mess up the bag angle.
grumpybastard   +1y
ok now that we have the type of end situated. what end should i put the adjustment on, pivot end or bushing end?
BioMax   +1y
The adjustment can go wherever it's easy. There really isn't a "supposed to" spot.
Page 1 of 1