Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  eliminating wheel hop

eliminating wheel hop

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 307
replies 6
following 3

standardbyker88   +1y
hey max, love that you got this section. i read alot of it. anyways, i got a 92 toyota. standard cab short bed. cranked bars for about 4-5" drop. 3" blocks in the back. stock 3 leaf pack (1 long, 1 short, 1 overload) and a helper overload under that. i want to pull the center leaf, the short one...and leave the full length and the overloads. but i already get mega wheel hop. spinning the tires straight isnt much, but around curves is horrible. way i see it, it will be even worse if i pull that leaf.

so...how would you change things to keep it low but without wheelhop? im not planning on bagging it. just want a low, dependable daily driver. i thought about slapper bars. or 4 linking it with coilovers. or ladders and coilovers. adding a system would obviously be easier than making a new one...but im open to both.

also, when using coil overs out back, what spring rate would you recommend. by buddy is a superbike racer/builder and i could probably get some used coil overs from one of his parts piles. he was mentioning that jixxer 750s have like a 550lb spring rate. would that be too much? too little? thanks in advance max.
standardbyker88   +1y
anybody else have any input?
BioMax   +1y
In my oppinion, a 4-link is about as good as it gets for daily-drivable performance on a budget. I would build a system with some well thought out geometry and some good coilovers, that should do just about everything you would need. And using springs from a motorcycle would be fine as long as they don't go into a bind.
standardbyker88   +1y
Tri 4 Or parallel? would the front hanger be a good spot to attach the lowers? what about a 2 link or ladder bar?
MIDWEST DRAGFEST   +1y
you dont want a 2 link. i would run a triangulated 4 link.
standardbyker88   +1y
I know i dont want a 2 link. i would prob go wish 3, with adjustable lowers and spring mounts. typical rod setup. would a sway bar be worth adding out back? its pretty flat already.
BioMax   +1y
It doesn't matter either way (triangulated or parallel) the wheel-hop issues aren't related.

...And sorry, I'm not going to entertain 2-link or ladder bar conversations unless it's only job is drag racing.
Page 1 of 1