Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  shocks

shocks

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 642
replies 6
following 6

mccustomize   +1y
max do you have a good place or website to order shocks from, I have a hard time locally getting the correct length I need, specifically an online resource would be awesome
BioMax   +1y
I use the same size shocks on just about everything. The fronts are about 10.5" long colapsed and the rears are 12" colapsed. The difference is that I can get them in different valve rates for different applications.

Try Steve Duck at RCDClassics.com
beyond static   +1y
Originally posted by mccustomize

max do you have a good place or website to order shocks from, I have a hard time locally getting the correct length I need, specifically an online resource would be awesome

I'm assuming you've been to autozone, and had the genius at the counter "we don't have any kind of book with the lengths" "what's the year make and model, that's how we look it up"
unusualfabrication   +1y
You gotta love those guys, "Sir I need a make and model to type into the computer." I just started to tell them it was for a hot rod because I got tired of trying to explain it to them, lol.
bagdb2200   +1y
You can look up shocks on Monroe's site by collapsed/extended lengths, and by mounting style.

Here's the length chart.
http://www.monroe.com/catalog_lookup/misc_app_docs/ShockAbsorberDimensionChart.pdf

And here's the sheet to decode the mounting style codes from the length chart.
http://www.monroe.com/catalog_lookup/misc_app_docs/ShockAbsorberMountingStyleSheet.pdf
maz duh   +1y
Hey Max, I got in touch with Steve at RCD about a set of Bilstiens for a truck that we have at my shop and he was very helpful. The truck in question is bagged all around on RE Slams with a 300zx IRS. He is recomending a BE5-B494-T0 for my aplication an all 4 corners. I was curious if this was the shock you are typicaly using on a bagged mini. Not that I don't trust Steve, he was very helpful and I would reccomend RCD to anyone in the market for shocks.
My other question concerns mounting options for the front. I looked at some of the pics in your profile but couldn't get a good look at what you are typicaly doing to mount them up. I'm thinking a loop mount on the bottom of the shock bolted to the LCA in a single shear fashion and a double shear mount on the top with another loop mount end on the shock would work well. Any pics or pointers would be apreciated. Thanx in advance.
BioMax   +1y
I am sadly not that familliar with their part numbers yet, but I can tell you that if Steve recomended them that you should probably start there.

As for shock mounts, everything that I set up seems to be slightly different. All I can offer is that you take your time and set it up nice. If you don't you will wish you did later.
Page 1 of 1