Page 3 of 6
Nissan Trucks \  Started my 6" Chop Top

Started my 6" Chop Top

Nissan Trucks Make Specific
views 3492
replies 51
following 32

///RELAXED 720   +1y
to try & answer the question about roof height.... mine is sfbd & center of the roof is 47 & some change..... so im guessin his is gonna be something like 37"-39" w. the chop top & door'd........ & I only have about 4" of head room w. civic seats bolted in & im 6'2"...you would need a truck & a winch to pull my big ass outta that chop top ....but I cant wait to see it finished

scotto79   +1y
are you sure the old school trick of sandblasting is going to work on the new glass? Glass was changed in the 50's or 60's to have the inner core so it doesn't shatter all over, I thought anyways.
2ManyProjects   +1y
my grand father showed me on a windshield out of my courier so im hoping it work im going to give it a shot. if not i hope my grandfather is still good friends with someone i can get some glass from because i dont make that kind of money lol
BAGGED 68 FORD   +1y
can't wait to see done. Just wondering about the front glass?
crazygenius13   +1y
What does sandblasting the glass do? anyone got an explianation?
2ManyProjects   +1y
its an old school way to cut glass my grandfather show me. you use rubberized tape and tape off the windshiel with two pieces to make a line and you sane blast it down to the fibers then flip it over and do the same and than you can use a razor blade to cut the fiber. i was told its called a butter cut. and im not sure if it will work on new windshields ill find out if it will work on my 720 windshield in a week or two so ill keep you posted when i try it. ive tried it on a older windshield and it worked fine it was pretty neat.
Dejavu   +1y
new windsheilds are made the same way... two peices of glass glued together by a plastic laminate. i work for safelite auto glass
FullSizeRST   +1y
if sand blasting doesnt work out try marking it where you need it to be cut then find somebody with a good watter jet and that is the way to go..we had a peice of glass cut one time for a older c-10 that way
2ManyProjects   +1y
water jet? cool i was hoping there were different option if the sand blaster didnt work thanks
2ManyProjects   +1y
Edited: 9/29/2007 5:48:47 PM by 2ManyProjects

Edited: 9/29/2007 5:47:10 PM by 2ManyProjects

here re some new photos of whata i did today im streching it tot he front pillers tomorrow

cket">

post photo
post photo
post photo