Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  ANOTHER BAR ?

ANOTHER BAR ?

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 366
replies 5
following 3

killerc10   +1y
HEY MAX, NOW EVERY ONE HERE SEEMS TO LIKE SOME SORT OF 4 OR 2 LINK SET UP BUT WHAT ABOUT A LADDER BAR SET UP? WOULD IT BE ANY DIFFERENT LAYIN OUT ON THIS SET UP THEN THE NORMAL WAY? HOW WOULD YOU SET SOMETHING UP LIKE THIS TO LAY OUT?PICS? AND LAST WOULD THE RIDE BE ANY DIFFERENT? PROS AND CONS PLEASE OH AND ITS FOR A DAILY DRIVER. LATER MINI TRUCKIN JESUS!
killerc10   +1y
ANYONE?
BioMax   +1y
The ladder bar is a 2-link. It will not allow any articulation (one wheel up and one wheel down) of the rear suspension. They can be used sucessfully, but they have all of the weaknesses of a simple 2-link.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Well this is the Ask Max section. I assumed you just wanted his answer by putting it here. But if you really want everyones opinion, I think a ladder bar will work exactly like a 2-link.

But you could run something like this, which would essentially be and adjustable 2-link that will articulate some.This setup needs a bushing mount at the frame, and the rest to be heims.

However I don't really see a good reason to use something like this on a truck when a parallel 4-link would fit in the same location and ultimately work better.
post photo
post photo
killerc10   +1y
SO WOULD IT BE MORE USFULL IN A RACE CAR SET UP THEN A BAGGED TRUCK?
BioMax   +1y
Only on a drag car where traction is important, but you don't want to spend the time dialing in a 4-link.
Page 1 of 1