Page 1 of 3
Ask A Pro \  Shorted shit! PLZ HELP

Shorted shit! PLZ HELP

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 571
replies 22
following 15

gettwisted07   +1y
I F*cked up today. I was unhooking my battery earlier and the negative was still hookup and my dumb ass touched the positive to the body of a nissan truck. just a little sparks and that was it. now it want start. the dash lights are dim and i wait 5 sec. and then it will try to turn over for 2 sec. and then it stops? CAN ANYONE HELP ME. Im supposed to be going to scrapfest this weekend!
creative concepts   +1y
you killed the charge.. hook a charger to it and then try it.
gettwisted07   +1y
ok. THANKS! the battery is a orbital dry cell. kinda like an optima. do u think it could have done anything to the battery and made it no good?
creative concepts   +1y
only way to really tell is to charge it.. which if its a dry cell, you wanna trickle charge it. if you loose charge then yeah you killed it. i'm not an expert on batts, but i know what you describe sounded like you sucked the charge out of the batt.
gettwisted07   +1y
ok thanks alot. Its on the charger right now. hope this works!
sinwagon   +1y
It probably isn't the battery alone if at all. Once the vehicle is running, the alternator keeps it going. If the alternator goes out, then the vehicle will run off of the battery. Arching a battery generally won't "suck" the charge out of it.
creative concepts   +1y
he self grounded the battery.. which is why the lights are dim and it only cranks for a second then stops like there is no juice in it.
gettwisted07   +1y
yea. well when i turn the key to ACC like to turn my radio on the radio and my radar start flashing. WHY?
creative concepts   +1y
not a clue.. maybe not enough juice to keep em on? hell the other day i went to air my truck up and the battery was so dead, it wouldnt even click a valve open.. that's sad!
gettwisted07   +1y
damn. that sucks. idk, if this doesnt work ill let ya know. but its on the charger right now.