Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  what to read

what to read

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 351
replies 4
following 2

1los10   +1y
ok i just wanna know a list of suspention design books u recomend to buy and study.
BioMax   +1y
You must not get MiniTruckin'

Tune to Win and Engineer to Win by Carroll Smith

Chassis Engineering by Herb Adams

There is a lot more info in the Carroll Smith books, but they are pretty advanced. They have the best info for building parts and using bolts tho. Chassis Engineering is a good book to get started with.
1los10   +1y
yes i do get minitruckn' along with hotrod and gm hightech performance but anyways. ok and all of these would be at booksamillion or should i find them on the net. and one last question in your opinion what is the best rear suspention design from the small amount or research i have done and little knowledge i have a parallel 4link and watts link seems to have the most pros with the least cons.
1los10   +1y
or if u could just email me all ur rightups for minitruckn' that would help alot man grapelowrider@yahoo.com
BioMax   +1y
Originally posted by 1los10

yes i do get minitruckn' along with hotrod and gm hightech performance but anyways. ok and all of these would be at booksamillion or should i find them on the net. and one last question in your opinion what is the best rear suspention design from the small amount or research i have done and little knowledge i have a parallel 4link and watts link seems to have the most pros with the least cons.

It all comes down to what it is that you want the system to excel at. Different frames, different necessities, different budgets all have a different answer. In my book, the best system with the least amount of cons is an A-arm irs. It works the best in 90% of applications, but even then, each unique situation would be addressed differently geometricaly.
Page 1 of 1