Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  Triangulated 4 link uppers

Triangulated 4 link uppers

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 268
replies 2
following 2

maz duh   +1y
I have noticed a few trucks lately set up with triangulated 4 links with the upper bars bent to clear a bag bracket on the lower links. Is this a good way to go about gaining clearance? Is there any flex to be concerened about with the uppers being bent? I'm not sure if they would try to open up under load or not. I'm sure proper material selection will factor in heavily for the bars but is there any other things to be concerened about? Thanx in advance.
BioMax   +1y
That is absolutely a concern. It falls into the same kinda thing where you can stand on an empty coke can as long as it is in perfect shape, but as soon as you put the smallest dent in it, it will colapse. The bars want to bend at the bend, it is the "stress riser" of the bar, but the saving grace is that most minis don't have a lot of traction. I use 1 1/4 x .120 wall mild steel and only run as much bend as needed. If it needed too much bend, I would redesign the system to alleviate some of the stress or run a bigger tube.
maz duh   +1y
I figured you could probably get away with it on a mini due to the low HP and traction, now I know for sure. Thanx for the info Max, much apreciated.
Page 1 of 1