threads
Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  front clip swaps....steering??

front clip swaps....steering??

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 245
replies 3
following 2

granth   +1y
I know a lot of guys are doing front clip swaps and I have talked to you about it a good bit. When you do these, and need to fit the steering, I take it you keep the steering from the clip your using, but if you are using a steering box (say ford rear steer stock, using a toyota clip, rear steer)The steering box isn't going to match up more than likely....So do you mess with the column, or mount the box on the column and mess with the actual arm coming off of it?

Does that make sense? haha

Reason I ask, is I have to use my stock column, as my whole goal is to keep the 3 speed on the column.
BioMax   +1y
I would probably try to adapt the stock steering column to the Toyota box. It would be less work and have no threat of alignment problems.
granth   +1y
Does the angle and all of the steering arm of the box matter, so long as nothing binds? Say I mount the box to the column, and make the arms fit, if the steering is all in the same position as stock, does it make a huge deal, given nothing binds?
BioMax   +1y
Typically the joints in the centerlink don't swivel, they just pivot along the one axis, so if you change the angle of the box the centerlink will bind. Just get a u-joint from FlamingRiver and adapt the steering colum to the box in it's stock position.
Page 1 of 1