Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  2006 Nissan Frontier Camber Help

2006 Nissan Frontier Camber Help

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 580
replies 3
following 2

CustomParts   +1y
I am looking for some advice or someone to make me some control arms for my 06 Frontier. I lowered it 5 inches Via custom made flip kit for the rear and cut coils up front. As you know, there is no company I can find who makes a lowering kit for this model truck. I made my own flip kit. I had terrible camber up front. I adjusted all of it out I could but I still need some help. Below is a link to my photobucket account which contains pictures of my truck and what I done to lower it. If anyone has any ideas or knows someone who can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x251/lowmaz/06%20Frontier%20Pics/
BioMax   +1y
Edited: 9/12/2007 9:40:16 PM by BioMax

... damn! I was hoping to find half naked pics of a girlfriend on there

I know it is starting to sound like my automated response these days, but you really should have drop knuckles (there not spindles on the Frontier.) The reason that I have been pushing drop spindles so much lately, is that most of the new trucks out there are all 4wd based suspension. With or without front drive guts they are the same suspension. And not very many 4wd suspensions are designed to be low.

By the looks of it, it should be fairly straight foward to build some custom drop knuckles that would cure most, if not all of your alignment issues. But I can tell you for sure that custom a-arms will not be the best cure. They will fix the alignment in one position, but if you have any plans on bagging it, the arms will generate plenty of alignment issues.
CustomParts   +1y
So where would I look to get some spindles? I have thought about baggin the truck. I have all the stuff to bag it but one thing I am going to run into is my wheels. They will not tuck properly in the rear. I will have to get some new ones or have the rearend shortened. I am willing to go with the spindles if I can find a way to get someone to do them.

Also while I have your attention. I am having some driveline problems. Seems when I lowered my truck and put on the flip kit, it seems to be putting alot of pressure on my carrier bearing. Do you think a spacer under the carrier bearing to lift it up would help correct that or would I be better off just having my driveshaft shortened?

Thanxs for all the help and advice. Next time I upload some pics I will throw some up of the wife for ya. HA HA You can have her!!!
BioMax   +1y
It looks like I could build some drop knuckles without too much problem at all. I would need a stock set of knuckles to give you a solid estimate, but based off of past experiences you would be looking at around $700 for a set of one-off knuckles. If you are interested, give me a call.(951)654-3195

As for your driveshaft, I would first check to see if it is too long. It may be as simple as loosening the carier bearing bolts and letting it relax. It very well may need to be moved tho too. It's really hard to say without seeing it.
Page 1 of 1