threads
Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  Dually rear suspension ideas...?

Dually rear suspension ideas...?

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 305
replies 4
following 4

okcderek   +1y
Edited: 9/12/2007 3:10:20 PM by Big Dee

I was just wondering what you would do on the rear suspension of my dually...? My main concern was leaving the bed floor as close to stock as possible cause I have a bike that I occasionally haul in it. We were going to run the bags behind the axel but then we run into problems w/ the watts link or panhard bar? Not a big fan of bags over axel cause of all the height it will take up in my bed...( taller notch cover) I been thinkin about a set of canti-lever bars off the back of the 4-link brackets w/ the bags mounted on outside of the frame in the rear. Also would solve panhard/ watts-link mounting problem...I think. ( If this helps, also keeping gas tank in stock location.) P.S. ...Jake , if you read this, just getting some suggestions. By know means am I telling you how to bag my truck....I got faith in you. Just asking for suggestions.
okcderek   +1y
.....bump.
drgndly   +1y
It looks like you have a paralell 4 link now? You can run 2 lift bars from the back but your still gonna need a panhard or watts link to hold it side to side. Or else build a forward wishbone, keep the lower 4 link arms, and do the lift bars from the back.
trenth48   +1y
you could place the bags on the outside of the frame just behind the axle if you'll have clearance between the bag and wheels/tires. just a suggestion?
BioMax   +1y
Running the bags rearward is a good idea. It sounds like it would cure all of your concerns... and they can work really well if set up properly.
Page 1 of 1