Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  Changing lug patterns and narrowing rear ends

Changing lug patterns and narrowing rear ends

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 265
replies 9
following 5

junior   +1y
Max...I have a 03 Dakota and I'd like to change the 6 lug to a 5 lug like if seen some ppl do but have had no luck wit a forum or anything to aid in the process....and aslo I though I had my ducks in a row about gettin my axle housing narrowed until i called moser and they told me the dunno narrow that housing...any info you could give me i would greatly appreciate....
junior   +1y
dont*****
bdroppeddak   +1y
the rear end is easy, its the front i hear you have trouble with, when you get new axles from mosier get them with whatever lug pattern you want, then find a machine shop to drill the brake drum.... ask impounded_dakota on here, he did the swap on the front....
rollin15s   +1y
my buddy has a 94 s-10 and he re-drilled the rear axle shafts for ranger rims and then for the front bought new rotors and had them re-drilled to the spects for a ranger rim so buy new rotors and take the studs out and have a machine shop re-drill them for you
junior   +1y
i have the disc instead of drums would i be able to just run a disc of soemthing wit the lug pattern im gonna run...also thought about swappin in a s-10 rear end seein how someone said the would be about the right size to get the rims to tuck
BioMax   +1y
I don't have much experience with them damn mopars. So I am not going to be much for help.

Sorry...
junior   +1y
Lol thats cool Ive read alot of your forums and you seem to be the go to guy about things figured Id ask you
BioMax   +1y
Yeah, but I know when to give in too...
bodydropped85   +1y
i wonder if the older dakotas( 5lug, 5x4.5) if the rotors would bolt right on...
junior   +1y
yea i prolly could try and see if the rotor and hub from a older dakota would work?
Page 1 of 1