Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  Chassis Design

Chassis Design

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 311
replies 6
following 7

1028THS   +1y
Does anyone know of a free Chassis Design program?I had a free trial cd of AutoCad'07 but it has expired, so now I need something to take it's place.

Thanks in advance
tlw32882   +1y
good luck, not much is going to compare to AutoCAD if it is free.
mindlissmetalfab   +1y
There are tons of programs are torent sites if you are down with breakin' the law.
BioMax   +1y
I couldn't help you there. As much as I know about chassis design, I have no idea how to use a CAD program.

...I know, I'm stupid.
gravity5   +1y
I like to use soilidworks to design my stuff... it has a little easier IMO interface than autocad.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
AutoCAD dosetn really help you with designing a chassis, it deffinentally helps you with transfering your design to paper, but the program itself wont help you or give you any pointers for designing a chassis.

a few years ago i bought a copy of AutoCAD 2005 from ebay for 50$ , i recently bought AutoCAD 2006 at the retail price, but that copy of 2005 i had from ebay allways worked for me, you may want to look into ebay...

Taylor
e10pvmt   +1y
i used Maya for mine.....$7k program but you can find it....same program Pixar, Lucasfilm, & Dreamworks (among others) use for feature films....got a $80k education i will never use to make money so i figure i will use it somewhere...... but i agree with taylor...i have done a lot research and have 5 different renditions of my frame...the one on my profile is one of the 1st and i have already pretty muched redone everything on it since learning some new things....i wont post up renders though...too many peeps out here bitin everyones shit before they have a chance to actually do it
Page 1 of 1