Page 1 of 2
Ask A Pro \  NEED HELP

NEED HELP

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 697
replies 17
following 9

shavenotbagged   +1y
So when starting on my back i jacked my truck up to till the frame hits and thats my ride height thats what alot of people told me to do. I made my bars level at that point and everything goes up and down no binding well i was told to lay the truck out and put my upper bag mounts on for my bars, only thing is is the bars are to angled i don't think it will work , DO i have to set it at ride height and go from there or what completely lost
BioMax   +1y
What you need to do is figure out how high the rearend will need to go up into the frame before you do anything else. Then you set up the bars at half travel based on the amount of travel that you want and the size notch you need.

For example, If your tires are 26" tall and your rearend housing is 3" diameter, you add those two numbers (29") and divide that by two (14 1/2".) that is how high from the ground that the bottom of your notch will need to be. From there you decide how much travel that you want (I don't suggest too much more than 12") and set the rearend at half that from the bottom of the notch. Then you build your bars parallel to the ground from there.
shavenotbagged   +1y
I did that its now except when puttin my bag on bars mounts out i layed it out so the bottom of the tire is the smae height as the frame and the bars are at an angle , is that right or no?
BioMax   +1y
I'm sure what you are saying, that didn't make much sense.
big rick   +1y
I need help too... but not on this subject... and I may need a shrink.
BioMax   +1y
Originally posted by badchicn

I need help too... but not on this subject... and I may need a shrink.

True! I'll go halfsies on it with you...
NIGHTMARE73   +1y
YA ME TOO , IM NUCKIN FUTS !! LOL

OK BACK TO THE BAGS , YES LAY IT FLAT OUT THEN ADD YOUR UPPER BAG MOUNT , MEASURE YOUR BAGS COMPRESSED ALL THE WAY , THEN GIVE ADDITIONAL 1"INC..... MOUNT THE UPPER PLATE
BioMax   +1y
Originally posted by NIGHTMARE73

OK BACK TO THE BAGS , YES LAY IT FLAT OUT THEN ADD YOUR UPPER BAG MOUNT , MEASURE YOUR BAGS COMPRESSED ALL THE WAY , THEN GIVE ADDITIONAL 1"INC..... MOUNT THE UPPER PLATE

I don't agree with the 1" extra for the bag mounts. I just set them up at 3" only. Firestone colapses to 2.75" and Slams colapse to 2.9" so I'm good eiter way. 1" is a waste of bag.
shavenotbagged   +1y
Edited: 9/6/2007 5:13:12 PM by SSM-Uncle Fester

Well i really do not want to post pics becasue this was a 3 day job i had with everything but here you go

THat is a pic of the truck layin on the stock tranny xmember but i took all my measurements from the frame
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
granth   +1y
i dont mean to be a dick, and I know your trying to get some help, but that doesnt really need to be put on the road like it is. find someone in your area that has good fab skills and knows how suspension works. It would be for your benefit, as well as others.

Once again, not trying to be a dick, it's honestly for your benefit...