Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  parallel 3 link question

parallel 3 link question

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 228
replies 4
following 2

granth   +1y
I know I had PM'd you about this setup, but I figured some more people could know about it.

It's basically a setup with 2 lower bars, 1 upper bar, parallel to each other, with the option of having the upper anywhere near the center to help with roll steer correct? Having it one side would make things odd, as that's the point it will roll on?

Obviously needing a panhard, or watts.

Anyways, aside from the basic setup, heres my question. Can you run a bag on bar setup with this type of link? I have been told no, but figured I would ask for a second opinion. I have the option of using f9000's over axle, and like the idea. Just wondering so I know all of my options.
BioMax   +1y
The means of lateraly locating the rearend is what determines the roll-center. since the 3-link by itself does not locate the rearend laterally, it does not have a roll center. So upper bar placement does not have any bearing on roll-center. Make sense?

Having the pivot point of a wishbone to one side or the other would offer up some interesting handling issues, since the wishbone is the lateral locator.

There is not any reason that you can't run the bags on the lower bars. There is at least one of the vehicel on my profile that are set-up that way. The link system has no idea that there is a bag on the bar.
granth   +1y
ah, thanks max. so wherever the panhard or watts is mounted on the AXLE is the roll center correct? That makes sense now that I think about it....
BioMax   +1y
Thw center of the watts-link bell-crank is the roll center and where the pannard-bar crosses the center of the rearend (assuming the pannard bar is straight) is the roll center.
granth   +1y
alright, cool. thanks.
Page 1 of 1