threads
Page 1 of 2
Ask A Pro \  99 tahoe body drop (old body style)

99 tahoe body drop (old body style)

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 2385
replies 17
following 12

monkeyb7144   +1y
Edited: 8/30/2007 11:22:06 AM by monkeyb7144

Hello mister GOD!!! i was just wondering if you could help me out i am planning to body drop my hoe and i cant decide if i should just do a stock floor or traditional!! it is already bagged laying frame on 20's i had to cut the frame because you probably already know on the hoes the frame droops down like right under the front doors i made it flat so it would lay but anyway should i just do another frame or just cut the floor i just wanted to see what you thought would be the easiest and cheapest and look the best dont know if this helps but i am also working on jack stands in the garage ps i love your work man and have always loved Bio you bagged my buddies s10 back in high school and he had all the ladies drooling all over him and his truck
later brother
BioMax   +1y
It's good to see that Bio can get you laid!

I can't say that I have bodydropped a Tahoe, but I can tell you that the fullsize trucks can be addressed either way. The 99 Tahoe still has the 88 to 89 body style right? If so, I would do a traditional bodydrop and cut the floors on it. They go so nicely and you still have PLENTY of room under the floor for exhaust and anything else you might need. There are a lot of people out there that think that I am crazy for still doing traditional bodydrops, but some vehicles just work better that way.
monkeyb7144   +1y
cool thanks man appreciate it thats what i thought hey dont worry about it buddy i dont think ur crazy i'm still old school and like traditional body drops i think thats my best bet well i guess i got to get the sawza out and start cutting do you think 31/2 inches is too much i was going to do 4 but that would put my door on the floor i still want some rocker to drag anyway thanks for your help man oh yea my buddies truck did get him laid plenty of times it was back in like 2000 or 99 it was just plain sick man well take it easy man
later
retro dime   +1y
Originally posted by BioMax

The 99 Tahoe still has the 88 to 89 body style right?

Nah its stopped at 98. Well thats what happened with the silverados so Id assume the same for the tahoes.
purplekush   +1y
88-99 tahoe are the same body style it changed in 2000

the trucks changed a year before the suv's

retro dime   +1y
my bad
bdroppeddak   +1y

Originally posted by BioMax

The 99 Tahoe still has the 88 to 89 body style right?

that year also shares the same bodystyle with 90 - 98 too!
BioMax   +1y
GM has always been weird about odd year stuff. Even back in the day the factory Cadillac limos were from the previous year bodys, wich made for one ugly ass '61 limo.
monkeyb7144   +1y
Edited: 8/31/2007 12:06:21 PM by monkeyb7144

Edited: 8/31/2007 12:05:57 PM by monkeyb7144

yea it lookes like the old body style all though its wierd there is a 2000 tahoe that has the old body style still but it was the z71 model limited edition so they had new body style tahoes and an old one in the same year Gm is on drugs man but still got to love the bowtie
TwistedMinis   +1y
They have been doing that for a long time. You can get a 55 Chevy First Series truck that looks just like a 54. And the 73-87 Bodystyle ran until 1990 for Suburbans and Blazers.