Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  independent rear chunk question

independent rear chunk question

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 264
replies 4
following 3

bdroppeddak   +1y
hey looks like you dont have many questions this evening.... ive never rode in a vehicle with a solidly mounted center chunk, will it cause any vibrations worth worrying about? it seems like all the independent rear cars' rear ends/subframes are isolated by bushings and not solidly mounted....
BioMax   +1y
As long as the u-joint angle follows the guide lines, but only 1 deg instead of the typical 3 deg, you shouldn't be able to tell it's there. The Chevelle is welded into the chassis and you don't pay any attention to it at all.
maz duh   +1y
I was also wondering that myself. I'm setting one up right now using a 300 ZX independent and will be solid mounting the center section after hearing your thoughts. I was also wondering what you would reccomend for toe and camber settings at ride height for the rear with the single trailing arm setup that the 300 uses. Any input would be apreciated, thanks.
BioMax   +1y
With the trailing arm IRS you will need to be sure to align it at half travel with a small amount of camber (1 deg or so) and probably zero toe.
maz duh   +1y
Thanks Max, thats what I shall do. The help is apreciated.
Page 1 of 1