Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  cab mounts

cab mounts

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 332
replies 3
following 4

dam03n   +1y
ive just channeled my rodeo and bout to start building new cab mounts. im thinkin of doin something simliar to the mounts they used on the yota in mini truckin but are bushes like that substatial enough? i have a set of extra upper arm bushes would they be enough?cheers damo
BioMax   +1y
The important thing about cab mounts is to build them so that, if the vehicle gets into an accident, they can't tear appart and allow the cab to leave the frame. Think about it like 4-link tabs, even if the eurethane was to completely wear away, the bars can't leave the tabs. A busing that is big enough to use on an upper arm is probably plenty for a cab mount. The downfall of the smaller bushings is less vibration absorbtion. You will feel more small vibrations from the motor and suspension.
LowBlazin   +1y
wheres a good place to buy bushings? do you usually find them online or do you find somewhere locally.
BioMax   +1y
There is a local shop that carries them here, but I'm sure you could find someone that would ship them. Prothane (www.prothane.com) has a whole bunch of different sizes, and energy suspension (www.energysuspension.com) has a bunch of stuff too.
Page 1 of 1