Page 1 of 2
Ask A Pro \  Ernie's green '66 Cad

Ernie's green '66 Cad

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 591
replies 12
following 12

ElCadillacKid   +1y
Hello there Max, welcome aboard. I wanted to ask you if you had a hand in 'bagging his car. if you did, i wanted to ask you what was involved in getting his Cadillac so low. i'm getting ready to lower the altitude on mine with some help from friends but this would be my first time doing something like this. you have any tips, secrets, advice? thanks a lot.
BioMax   +1y
I wasn't involved with the bagging of Ernie's cad, but the guys from Kant Trustumz are good friends of mine.

There isn't anything about the way that the car was bagged that made it so low, they did spent extra time makin it ride good though. That particular car's body hangs lower than other Cads. Most people don't know it, but not all Cads were created equal. Some are almost bodydropped from the factory (usually convertibles and some coupes) others are about 3/4" higher and a lot of the sedans were way too high. That's why some look extra low compared to others.
ben_shady1   +1y
From what I have heard they moved the trannel tunnel up from the front to the back to give room for the driveshaft. It's gotta have a lil bit of a notch in it. and the front has to have some work done as well because mine lays flat and it's still 2" higher than his car. I've been told it's got alot of work done to it. Not sure if they moved the front crossmember up or what but they did something for it to lay rocker like it does.
NRlaydtaco   +1y
max has posted 666 times. sorry ben had to point that out
BioMax   +1y
I'm not denying that there was a lot of work done to get it to lay frame, but there ARE different frames and his just happens to have the lowest one.
impulse   +1y
I hear Max himself is solely responsible for every bagged ride in the world... I don't know how he does it!
crux131   +1y
Originally posted by iLLairgasm

I hear Max himself is solely responsible for every bagged ride in the world... I don't know how he does it!

Busy fucker that Max.......BTW, he needs to finish mine. HAhahaha. Seriously, if you want to make a trip to the outer circle of hell( or Alabama, as we call it ), you got a place to crash.
BioMax   +1y
Originally posted by iLLairgasm

That is some funny shit right there!

I'm really hoping that next year I can hit a bunch of out-of-state shows. It kinda sucks hearing Low Life Mike and Ernie talk about how much fun it was when I'm just here working.

Andy- Thanks, it would be cool if I had to use that offer. The guys always joke about me having to go to a neighboring city like it was a different state. I am such a homebody. I'm going to Reso for sure tho...
phatmx6   +1y
sup man,,,mines a 70 model,,,you will need a 2 inch notch in the rear to lay on 20s the drive tunnle is raised to clear the driveshaft from the rear of the front seat back,,thats all the mods i had to do to mine and it lays flat if ya go 22s you will have to notch in the front also for clearance
BioMax   +1y
Yes They did have to tunnel it and yes they did have to notch the frame, but that needs to be done to most every Cad that is intended to lay frame. But it is not why his lays lower than others. There really are 3 different frame configurations, but the parts are all the same so no one really pays any attention to it until they try to lay them out and even then it goes un-noticed.