Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  Panhard VS Watts

Panhard VS Watts

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 381
replies 4
following 5

ShakinPlates   +1y
Hello Max, Whats your thoughts on this ongoing battle. I hear watts is far supreme but is it a must have? Any input would be nice. Thank you
no1lowr   +1y
watts.
BioMax   +1y
I still haven't done a watts-link on anything. It's not that I don't like them, but more that they are overly complicated to perform such a simple job. A pannard bar can be set up to have very minimal side pull and they are a FAR simpler design, but there is a vehicle that we are building right now that cannot spare the small amount of movement that a pannard bar has, so it is going to be my first watts-link.

The watts-link roll-center is the point that the center bell-crank rotates around and the pannard-bar's roll center is where the bar itself crosses the center of the rearend. The pannard-bar is simple to install (assuming you understand how to install one correctly) and the watts-link is more complicated (assuming you understand how to install one correctly.) The watts-link has no side movement (assuming you understand how to install one correctly) and the pannard-bar has minimal side movement (assuming you understand how to install one correctly...)

Do you see where this is going? Both systems offer a very effective means of limiting lateral movement, the pannard is simple and the watts is complicated. There is a time and a place for either...
nryota   +1y
max has spoken!

how you ever gonna get any work done if all your doin is typing..?

FLA BOYS
BioMax   +1y
Haven't you heard? I'm independently wealthy.
Page 1 of 1