Page 1 of 3
Tools \  Best small welder?

Best small welder?

Tools Q & A
views 1207
replies 23
following 23

Idragit   +1y
I'm llokin at gettin a licoln 170 or a miller 170..something in this range I want small b/c I will be using this one for mainly sheet metal work..most people are tellin me lincoln..but I'm kinda like miller..anyone have any ideas on either?
3rdcoastlow   +1y
I have a Lincoln....can't complain about it,been dependable through 6 years of moderate use.
olskoolpup   +1y
either or honestly. its like asking if you should buy a chevy 1500 or a ford f150. its all about preference. ppl will have good and bad opinions about both.

both are quality pieces though, its not like you are getting a walmart wleder or anything.
93blazer4dr   +1y
get one that is 130 amps with 30% d/c and you should be good and with a 30% d/c you can weld 3 mins straight out of every 10 mins i think or something close to that
granth   +1y
i have a licoln 210 pro mig i believe it is. only like 700 bucks at Lowes. Havent used it all that much, but the little things I have done with it, it hasnt been any trouble.
nryota   +1y
got a 110 licoln from lowes, i think, and i use my shit on everything everyday and dont have any probs with it.

blackhulk   +1y
yeah the 30d/c for 3 minutes out of ten is right on that topic
SuicidalCustomz   +1y
i have a lincoln SP-175plus and its kicksass too be a lil welder its 220v and i welder everything with it 4-links,notchs,build frames,and u can also turn it down and weld sheetmetal with it all day long..
granth   +1y
maybe thats what i have lol. i think its the pro mig 175 or whatever. 220 volt.
johnz   +1y
dusty get a hobart man its a miller only cheaper..northerntools.com