Page 1 of 3
Tools \  Show your hand made tools!

Show your hand made tools!

Tools Q & A
views 1687
replies 23
following 18

TwistedMinis   +1y
I've now got the tube bender, which I love!

I did the English wheel last year.

I'm in the middle of building an adjustable motorcycle frame jig. I've build some other small tools, but can't find any pictures. I made a tap and drill size block in my machining class, and its actually pretty useful.

I saw this on another site, and I think I need to build one.

I'd like to see what other people have made. Trying to gather ideas. I'd like to build a few more things I need. I'm thinking about a bead roller.
oh4sho   +1y
Would you be willing to draw me up some plans for dimensions for both the bender and the English wheel? I have been wanting to build these it just would be nice to have something to go off of. thanks
TwistedMinis   +1y
The plans and a How To on the bender are posted on the main page of the site. I'm working on an updated write-up on the english wheel.
framescr8pintoy   +1y
im printing out all 38 freakin pages of the tubing bender as i write this... just buy em off ebay and give the creator of the plans what he deserves for it.
toreadorxlt   +1y
I want to make me a cab lifting attachment for my engine hoist.
purplekush   +1y
seth make me a computer guided lazercutting machine lol
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Edited: 7/4/2007 4:30:22 PM by Chopped Mazda

Originally posted by toreadorxlt

I want to make me a cab lifting attachment for my engine hoist.

o o o

i made one of those....ill see if i can remember to take some pics of it. I used a engine leveling attatchment, and just made a plate with 4 straps on each corner.....worked good!

Ill take a pic of some of the jigs and custom tube notchers weve built at the shop, tommorrow.

heres some other hand made tools....idk if this is considered a tool or not.....but

xinsertnamex   +1y
seth do you have any kind of stop on that thing like say you wanted to make 3 or 4 identical bends would you have to bust out a angle finder and eyeball em?
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Originally posted by xinsertnamex

seth do you have any kind of stop on that thing like say you wanted to make 3 or 4 identical bends would you have to bust out a angle finder and eyeball em?

they sell these degree rings, that i have attatched on mine....it would work pretty good.

ive heard of alot of the people who make these DIY benders use a digital angle finder. its magnetic, and you just set it on your steel and vuala! its also able to zero out at any position, so its really easy to use.

taylor
xinsertnamex   +1y
got a link to the DIY?