threads
Page 1 of 3
Sport Compact General \  What is the fastest 4 & 6 cylinder fwd cars stock?

What is the fastest 4 & 6 cylinder fwd cars stock?

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 12347
replies 24
following 20

Idragit   +1y
Theres a class at the local dirt track that allows people to race cars fwd 4 or 6 cylinder stock..I'm gonna get one..what kinda car do I need to be lookin for? It must be cheap and kinda easy to find..I've found alot of corsicas, luminas, grand ams, neons..etc..what should I be lookin for? And no turbos are allowed..
bunkered13   +1y
99 grand am gts are quick
pearldrop   +1y
A lot of people use 88-91 Civics or CRXs with a ZC swap in them to race in the hornet class. You can always find a car with a bad motor on Craigslist for $500 and the ZC swap is only $600 and will get the car into the high 14s in the quarter mile.

Idragit   +1y
This is gonna be a round dirt track class...Supposedly you cant change the engines..I'd like to get a car and run it factory with maybe just a few suspension tweaks..
groundedwatts   +1y
toyota cressida! =P
Idragit   +1y
bump
ExplicitCon3   +1y
either a saturn 2 door or a z24 cavalier. try to find a cavy or saturn though with the ecotech motor.
Idragit   +1y
I've heard the z24 cavaliers are fast..theres a couple of people with them out there..but no-one has a saturn...and theyre pretty easy to find..thanks
bill brasky   +1y
Ford Focus SVT!

They have a supercharged 4 banger...
rooster52478   +1y
Originally posted by Bill Brasky

Ford Focus SVT!

They have a supercharged 4 banger...

Are you sure they are supercharged? I test drove one a while back and it wasn't. Just a header and some other mods to add 40 hp. Also it has a 6 speed transmission.