Page 1 of 2
Car Care \  how to clean overspray?

how to clean overspray?

Car Care Q & A
views 1839
replies 12
following 10

wannadrag03   +1y
my truck been in a shop and now has a rough over spray dust whats the best way to get that off thanks
hybrid showoff   +1y
get it off what? glass? paint? laquer thinner or reducer for paint works along with some scrubbing, or very fine steel wool or razor blade. to get it off paint i would think the only way is to give it a quick wetsand and buff.
wannadrag03   +1y
the overspray in on the paint and the windows but the windows I can handle just was not sure about the paint..thanks
AON-JAMES   +1y
clay bar it.
wannadrag03   +1y
thanks for the ideas..Im try the clay bar before I go to wet sanding ....
ricky@3rdshift   +1y
I would just run a buffer over it. some finishing compound would do the trick if its just oversray that was floating in the air.
1989hb   +1y
caly bar will probably do it, if not even a heavy to mild cut would probably do it for you, i would do wet sand as a last resort just for the sake of time and amount of work.
Cracker   +1y
I would claybar it, and then polish it with a buffing wheel. that will do the trick
wannadrag03   +1y
thanks for all the help ,,I will let you guys know how it goes ..I have never used a clay bar how does that work ??
Only1Platinum   +1y
I got some on one of my cars while I had the garage open and painted another car for a friend of mine. it was just clear coat over spray. a very light dusting too. just felt like the car wasn't waxed but you could see it at all. I took a mild buffing compound and buffer and with ing about 30 minutes had the car smooth again.