Page 4 of 12
Under Construction \  My 69 datsun 521 custom project

My 69 datsun 521 custom project

Under Construction General Discussions
views 13637
replies 113
following 63

rangerlayinrocker   +1y
hell yeah dwight, doin tha damn thing!!!

Originally posted by AiredOut

Originally posted by fiveinchbodydrop

nice!!!! y no bodydrop?

There are a few reasons im not body dropping it. #1 being that the datsun suspension on big wheels will no get that much lift. #2 its going to be my daily. After this one gets finished im going to build another one body dropped on 20's with a toyo front clip and rx7 rear.

dssur   +1y
word up dwight! Looks supa fly.
AiredOut   +1y
Thanks for all the compliments guys!!!

gob   +1y
that truck is so badass... but the ONLY thing i would change is, whose name the title is in thanks your the best
AiredOut   +1y
I just realized i didnt have very good pictures of my rear setup posted. So i snapped some quick pics and figured id put them up.

Capped the ends of the notch with 1/8 plate

Center links to the axle

Capped end of the notch

Locked up

Aired out

Full view

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
draggincaddy   +1y
Originally posted by AiredOut

Originally posted by fiveinchbodydrop

nice!!!! y no bodydrop?

There are a few reasons im not body dropping it. #1 being that the datsun suspension on big wheels will no get that much lift. #2 its going to be my daily. After this one gets finished im going to build another one body dropped on 20's with a toyo front clip and rx7 rear.

ooo, thats cool! just curious. i diffently wanna see the rx7 rear on the next one. im currently researching this for my bronco 2 build here soon....
rizz0   +1y
an rx7 is pretty wide and a datsun well is not lol that will be a tight fit with real short axles, not sure if you will get much travel out of it
xplosiv1990   +1y
thats kool I just bought one for 300 dollars and it is in good condition. cant wait to start on it
AiredOut   +1y
Originally posted by xplosiv1990

thats kool I just bought one for 300 dollars and it is in good condition. cant wait to start on it

My first piece of advice, swap the front suspension. Go with a toyo clip, i wish i had. Ill deff be doing it to my next one so i can body drop it.

olskool720   +1y
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!