Sport Compact General \  anybody know really well about car warrantys

anybody know really well about car warrantys

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 999
replies 15
following 15

detached   +1y
ok so question goes like this...

if you put a set of rims on a car, can a company such as toyota cancel the warranty for putting rims on a vehicle?

i know alot of warranties these days are getting weird. so i figured id ask. ill probably end up calling toyota myself if i dont get a legit awnser here but figured id ask..

i know if it was lowered then yes that would kill the warranty but anybody ever heard of a warranty being cancelled due to adding rims to a car?
b12yan   +1y
yes some will when adding huge rims 26+ sizes due to additional stress but not smaller sizes than that... well thats how it is around here, not sure about ur area
TENONDUBS   +1y
But they probably would still do warranty work. because well its free money to the shop, however the aftermarket warranty companies that is one of the first questions they ask. has the vehicle been modified in any way. if so they will deny the claim.
locaddy   +1y
Toyota wouldnt, dunno about the others.
Holeyguy66   +1y
i work at a dodge dealer but as far as the wheele size goes man we get chagers and magnums in here all the time with 22 on them. we are supposed to void the warranty do to ball joints failing in like 2k miles. but free money to the shop maybe but as a tech we get shafted
Sooper SCREWD   +1y
Excessive wheel size might void very few parts, such as ball joints as stated above. Lowering a vehicle DOES NOT void your warranty. Making changes to the vehicle only voids the warranty on the parts that have been replaced, except in few cicumstances where the part replaced has a negative effect on a certain other component which causes it to fail.
Sooper SCREWD   +1y
Excessive wheel size might void very few parts, such as ball joints as stated above. Lowering a vehicle DOES NOT void your warranty. Making changes to the vehicle only voids the warranty on the parts that have been replaced, except in few cicumstances where the part replaced has a negative effect on a certain other component which causes it to fail.
fatheadjames   +1y
guess more people should figure out that sema is more then just a car show
sandog   +1y
Do a search for the magnusson moss warranty act, or go to www.sema.org
kzeliminator   +1y
I WORK FOR TOYOTA AS A PARTS MANAGER, I SEE AFTERMARKET WHEELS EVERYDAY COME THROUGH MY SHOP, MOST CLAIM ARE DEALER BASIS ONLY, IF THE RIMS OR MOD HAVE NOT CAUSED THE DIRECT PROBLEM THEN NO IT WILL NOT VOID ANYTHING, IF IT DID THEN YES, MOST DEALER MANAGER WILL BASE THEYRE ANSWER ON HOW MUCH THEY HAVE ALREADY WARRANTIED THAT MONTH ALREADY, IF THEY A CERTAIN DEALER SAYS NO THEN TAKE IT TO ANOTHER ONE IN THE BEGINNING OF THE MONTH