Page 1 of 1
American Cars \  Bagging a 60's Lincoln Continental

Bagging a 60's Lincoln Continental

American Cars General Discussions
views 2726
replies 6
following 6

unusualfabrication   +1y
I have a 61' and a 64' Lincoln Continental. I am going to start bagging the 64' next week and was wondering if any of you that have bagged these cars before have any tips or suggestions. I am only going to be running the stock wheels and tires at first but will upgrade to 20's or 22's later. From what I can see it looks pretty basic, coils in the front and leafs in the rear. I plan on running a 2-link in the rear, bag on bar as long as space permits, and make cups for the front to replace the coils. Thanks for any help or suggestions!
SICKANDTWYSTED   +1y
you should run a panhard or a 4 link, that car is 5000lbs and sways like a mother, it will wear the bushings out of a 2 link in a hurry. theres tons of info on lincolns and pics of bags set ups on this site http://www.thelincolnforum.net
anyways ill be bagging my 62'soon, ill put my pics up when i do
twisted   +1y
Get a hold of James, his has been bagged twice. Dawghousekustoms did it the last time and got him done up on 20's.

http://www.alteredstatescarclub.com/members/james_lincoln/index.htm

ssc   +1y
I bagged my 61 with a lever 2-link and used SensaTrac on the front and rear. It drives like a sports car. The front is pretty simple also. On the back of the spring pocket you have to cut the part out that goes into the pocket and rebuild it. The rear is also pretty simple. The gas tank on the 61 is different than the 64 I think but everything else should be the same.

unusualfabrication   +1y
Thanks for the info guys! The link to the lincoln forum was great as well!
gtpunk18   +1y

any new Info on some bagged lincolns??
lowgmc   +1y

mine lays pan with a simple 2 link set up tied in together with bag on bar...plenty of room and great lift going off of the over all diameter on my stocks it will lay pan on 22s too
Page 1 of 1